What makes a computer business successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitesoldier

In Runtime
Hello ppl. I'm doing a project for my economics class and we have to design a business. I choose to have a computer retail store (like dell). Wondering what you guys think makes a computer retailer successful or a failure? What exactly do consumers look for when purchasing a computer?

thank you, i appreciate your input.

All about prices and advertising mainly..........Just make sure that the advertising mentions plenty of technologies, if they are good ones or even worthless. Intel Pentium 4 with HT technology, built for Windows XP! 512mb of memory(don't mention thats its only pc2700 with crap latencies), and make sure you get the cheapest parts possible but try and make out like its really, really good. Advertising like I said, most people don't know anything about computers and if you advertise good and say that your computer has all these great technlogies even though the consumer has no idea what they do....

You would be well off in a basic computer retail outlet by knowing your competition.
I'm surprised that more companies don't follow in the footsteps of particular car insurance agency that advertised something along the lines of

...we will give you our quote as well as the quotes from 3 other companies....

if you know your competition ... thats one good thing, but they take it to the next level and actually quote a ballpark figure from a competitor (regardless of their price placement within the list). Now thats a smart business strategy!

From personal experiences with my own small business adventures, if also found that sometimes you need to sacrifice a positive cash flow for a lot of positive feedback. As long as you are letting your customers know that they are purchasing a quality product or service at a discounted price with a friendly attitude then the "word of mouth" game begins at a rapid pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom