CLEANING OFF OLD THERMALPASTE FROM CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
What do other people here use for Cleaning the old Thermal Paste from CPUs?

Me, I use some WD-40 and a fine bristle tooth brush.

How about you guys :question:

what lotex said, except I don't use canned air....make sure to get 99% iso if you can.....70% will of course work too, but the 99% gets it off easier and will dry quicker.....and by quicker I mean like 2 seconds compared to 4 lol so it's not like a huge difference but meh, whatever

QUICK FACT YOU DONT CARE ABOUT!: WD-40 stands for 'Water displacement' 40 if memory serves correctly.....the 40 is because it was the 40th attempt at creating this substance :D

Cool didn't know they made anything like that, I've been using iso and whatever I could find, cotten ball, qtip, clean rag. I used everclear once too, couldn't find the iso.

35-100-011-01.JPG

This is the best stuff money can buy. It's basically an all natural product and it contains no harmful chemicals. It's really a Citrus acid base. It smells like oranges...lol

Seriously, one drop of the emulsifier and the thermal material no matter what it is breaks up so quickly. YOu can use any small type object to just wipe it off clean and easy. Then you use the surface purifier which cleans the surface of any left over residue. You could basically eat off the CPU when your done.

Trust me, this stuff is awesome. I used it on a 4 year old Dell one day with a thermal pad that was dry and hard as a rock. It took less then 10 seconds to have the CPU die clean as a whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom