Computer Clock Running Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawmanxxx

Solid State Member
My computer's clock is running fast. If I reset the time in "Date and Time Properties - Internet Time" it will be as much as 20 mins. fast in a couple of days. I've heard of computer clocks running slow because of a CMOS battery failing but speeding up? The Windows utility does recalibrate it about once a week, but the time could be an hour out by then and it's a bit of a pain in the ass to manually calibrate it every time I sit down at the 'puter. My computer is less than 4 months old, so I doubt the BIOS is in need of updating.
Is there a way to set the Internet Time Utility to calibrate more frequently?
If not, can anyone suggest a 3rd party utility that would keep the time more accurately than WinXP?

My System:
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4ghz CPU
Foxconn nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64 MoBo
Seagate 250gb SATA HD
1gb PC3200 400mhz DDR RAM
MSI NX6600 256mb Vid Card
Scorpio 868 Case w/420 watt PSU
WinXP Home SP2

No, I haven't done any overclocking. What I did do was to go into the registry under "Special poll interval" and change the time between online synchronization from 604800 minutes to 43200 mins. I know that the math doesn't work out but it is now set to synchronize every 12 hrs. This doesn't really address the fast clock issue but it will recalibrate it often enough that I can live with it. I really don't want to mess around with any more rinky-dink software than I have to (Atomic Clock Sync etc.) so this will have to do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom