HArdware issue !!!!!! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph2525

Beta member
Heres a question.... I have a Intel D850GB board with a 1.7 intel CPU. Last week I went to turn on the PC, and it did not post. Everything sounded as if it were going to turn on but nothing. My trouble shooting started with taking everything off the board and left nothing but the board,CPU and power supply turned it on and it gave me 3 beeps. Which from my beep code list that meant the RAM was not found, in which I had taken the RAM out, so i figured it was not the board, CPU, or power supply. I put the RAM in and it took a little while but it then gave me 2 short beeps. On my beep code list it says that that would be a RAM ECC code error msg. I have x2 16/256 kingston non-ecc DDR sticks... I know its not the Video card cause I have another PC with an AGP slot and it works fine there. My hard drive can be seen on another PC setup as a slave ... So thats were Im at. Could someone give me some advice as to what I may need to do from here.

i agree with ur assesment. try some new ram ecc and non-ecc and see if u can get it running if not uv narrowed it down to what well its not the video card,mobo,cpu,ram,psu,hd and whats left is sound card, opticle drives, cables. Really uv narrowed out all the parts that could cause this lol. Well it wouldn't be the cpu and if the systme powers up psu is out of the race. Video card is out. So the major components that could cause this would be the hd/mobo/ram. see if there all seated right and cables are in the correct ports and way, etc. My guess would be the mobo is having a compatablity error or the bios needs a flash to work with your components.

very strange for it all of a sudden not to work though. That is a great board. I had it a couple of years ago. The only thing wrong with it is that it takes the god awful RDram. Switch the places on your board, you should have 2 sets of 2 ram plugins. Just try your ram in the other. Just make sure not to put one into one set and one in to the other set. RD is tricky stuff.

if nothing comes on the screen you might have a PSU problem. If the video card and then CPU speed come up on the screen and then nothing it's probably your ram. RDram is expensive, it would suck to have to replace it, but it sounds like that might be the problem.

Cheap Fix !!!!! : )

Nvalhalla, You hit it right on the nose. It was the PSU giving the problem. I would have never thought that it could have been the PSU due to the fact that everything was powering up and sounding like it was ready to boot up??? But I was told that it is a big misconception that just cause their's power doesnt mean that theirs enough power going to the board. Well we learn something new everytime. : ) Well people thanks for all your input, it is greatly appreciated. Take care !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom