Best Dual core system for under $1,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot gaara, but I think I'm going to stick with a custom made one. Sorry about wasting your time.

Mind telling me why I shouldn't use Maxtor?

Maxtor have a reputation of frequent failure...I also specifically mentioned the Seagate since the NCQ has performed on par with faster RPM drives in many occasions

Now, not to say that a Western Digital or Seagate drive won't fail on you, some Maxtors may last years while some Seagates may last a week...it is entirely luck of the draw however Maxtor have a higher percentage of drive failure from what I've gathered, and Seagate offers a 5 year warranty versus most other companies 3 year warranty

You have not wasted my time mate ;)

Hmm, they seem pretty expensive. I've heard some pretty good things about Ibuypower.com from some friends though...

If u wanna go with them, its ur choice, but i wouldnt advise it. If u look at reseller ratings, ibuypower has a 6.20, with no awards. Monarch has a 9.20 with a bunch of awards, plus monarch gives u more customization

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm just going to try Ibuypower.com. Hopefully the computer will be decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom