comp formated now im screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
With out even discussing the legal issues here, I can't believe this dude even tried to use a RECOVERY cd to install an OS on a different computer. It just defies logic. Very stupid.

Just because we try to help you and we abide by the law (by we I mean the people on the forums not necessarily me) doesn't mean you have to get all pissy.

Heh, wow... I'm not having any problems but I wanted to chime in here cause I think I just did a similar thing...

The upstairs Dell came with Windows XP. The actual disc isn't labeled as recovery, it's labeled Windows XP, for distribution with only a Dell computer. There are separate CDs for the recovery portion of it. My Gateway came with Windows ME which is built into the recovery discs.

I put the recovery discs in, installed Windows ME, then put the Dell's copy of Windows XP in and installed it. I didn't have any problems besides the fact the SP2 attachment I downloaded off of the Windows site doesn't seem to work.

So, did I just do something illegal as the original poster did? If so, woops.

btw - If I'd buy a new version of XP, does it come with SP2 preloaded? There's something about these service packs I can't seem to DL properly.

I don't think it comes preloaded, but you can order the CD for free off the microsoft website.

If we break the law on the forums, the forums get shut down and that's the way it is.

You can go find somewhere else to help you, because I am sure nobody will here, and if someone does, think twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom