ATI graphics card tragedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazlunatic

In Runtime
This is a tragedy for me because I haven't gamed on my PC for TWO MONTHS, and after formatting I have a problem.

This is the problem.

First my PC Specs:
Intel P4 3.2 GhZ 550
512 MB Kingston DDR2
Powercolour ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128 MB
80 GB HD
Asus P5p800

That's all you need to know :D

Alright so this was what happened. I formatted. Installed everything. The ATI card is using the MOST recent driver from the website. DirectX version was 7. My games like counter-strike 1.6 and Unreal Tournament 2004 have 50% FPS drops. So in 1.6, I would get 100, now I get 50 fps. I thought the problem was the directx, so I got the most recent one which is 9.0c. The problem still persists.

I went to my driver settings and made OPEN GL and Direct3D modes to the LOWEST SETTINGS. Meaning lowest texture quality and antialiasing.

VPU Recover is on.

One thing though, my AGP speed cannot go past off.
I custom built my PC, and from the place I bought my parts they said that my AGP speed is actually 8X, it just says off. Perhaps they're wrong and I need to do something in my BIOS?

THANKS! EMERGENCY!

it can't be defective. My bro was playing cs 1.6 on it the day before i formatted, and everything was fine

lol... thats happend to me. It seems like you forgot to install you CHIPSET DRIVERS!!!

if you cant changed the APG speed, it's noramlly because u did''nt install the chipset drivers.

or have u installed them?!! but thats happend to me befor and thats what i did wrong.

Clear the CMOS, maybe that will make the BIOS recognize it.

Take out the battery for 5 secs then put it back in, or short the jumpers if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom