Firefox deleted favorites and themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
My PC rebooted by itself today, no error, just clicked and the screen went blank for a second and it booted up again.

Odd thing is, that Forefox acts like a newly installed program now. My favorites are wiped out, my themes are gone, it also prompted me to setup my ForecastFox plugin like that was just installed as well.

I looked in the directory, and could not find the favorites folder. I went to C>Program files>Mozilla Firefox and I don't see anyting related to favorites.

What could have happened? Is there any way to find the lost favorites? I will run the usual spyware and virus checks, but I did those just yesterday and all was well.

Your Files are stored in a different location. They are buried deep in your system. Check C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. They should be in there somewhere. I think you can import the settings back into Firefox. It should be under file>import. Not sure on that but you can try it.

something else that only happens in firefox now, everthing inside the main internet window is jumping. all my programs are fine, playing videos are fine, video card is fine. but when i open forefox now, the websites graphics are going up and down a few milimeters at a rate of about two times per second.

i may have to try that. i tried an update, didn't work. i'm on IE now doing an online scan with panda.

i would like to know what happened so i can keep it from happening again in the future, but i got no error, weird.

nothing on my computer but firefox. i opened up a few programs just to check that their settings were intact. desktop is how i left it, all my custom icons haven't defaulted or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom