Just built a new PC and MY HD is showing the wrong amount of GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanz73

Beta member
i bought a 300GB HD and now it shows that i have 127GB instead of 300.....do u noe what the prob. is?

Are you sure you got a 300GB harddrive? Hardrives tend to have a less storage than they advertise but only by a few megabytes, id say you have a really big problem.

ZenkiSX said:
Are you sure you got a 300GB harddrive? Hardrives tend to have a less storage than they advertise but only by a few megabytes, id say you have a really big problem.

Then it would show high 200's, not 127. What kind of mother board do you have, Sounds like the barrier. Have you updated your bios?

Just answered a similar question in a different thread yesterday. :) Update your BIOS and the problem should be fixed.

If you are running windows XP, you have to have SP2 in order for windows to see that big of a drive. If you don't want to install SP2, or you can't. I used X-setup which has an option to change/add the registry setting that only lets it see 137gb. You can get it at www.x-setup.com it worked for me.
Hope that helps.

yea many ppl tell me to install win xp sp2, i will.
i have the trial version of windows now and i just need to get the serial # for it, i dont think paying 125 for it is worth it. if i already have the prog. then it should b less.

does anyone noe where i can get the serial #?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom