Project : WAKE UP NEO......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
[WORK LOG] Project : WAKE UP NEO......

I feel the urge to modify another case. Now if my travels, I have found that I can get a rather cool vinal sticker of Trinity from the Maxtrix. However i am going to be need an new funky case to go with it.
And over all, I am going to be replacing my Download Box / Second Games Machine with this case.

So, currently we have CASE # DJP-M30212. The company I work for imports these ones, as you can see, they are quite BORING for a PC Extemist like myself.

Specs on the case are
300 Watt PSU (however this case as the PSU stripped out)
3x External 5 1/4 Drive Bays
2x External 3 1/2 Drive Bays
1x Internal 3 1/2 Drive Bays

TIME TO GET TO WORK ON IT :D
Insert Power Drill, and Angel Grinder Noise Here

Once again, I am planning on installing a front panel fan.
This time I am going to be going more from a GREEN Sceam.
I will also be playing around with Side Panel Windows too; :eek:

I have all ready picked up a COOLERMASTER eXTREME POWER (RS-430 PMAR/P) 430 Watt PSU as one of my suppliers were giving them away along with bulk buys of motherboards. :D

However I will need to purchase a 24 pin to 20 pin Motherboard connector Converter in order to use this PSU along with my current MSI Motherboard.

TO BE CONTINUE...... :eek:

PZEROFGH said:
O i want to see how this turns out
Me too.
i threw the case on a courier today. So I should be seeing it first thing tomorrow morning.

[LOG ENTRY] 04/10/05

Sorry about the delay on this one. I was enjoying my long week end so much I forgot to post what I did.

30/09/05
The courier shows up with the case. And I spend some time looking at it and seeing that I should do.

First thing I did was drill out the 80mm fan holes from the front and the back of the frame. I don't like the noise that those air holes make after you place a fan near them.

As for the front panel itself, I was about to drill a large 120 mm hole into it, and then create a fun going down to the 80 mm fan. However with the front panel design would of made it rather difficult to do this task. So I adbandoned that idea.

Instead, at the bass of the front front panel, there is a group of small vent holes. I drilled them out so that they would be bigger. And I my plans are to install a set of green super bright LEDs behind it.

01/10/05
PAY DAY!!! Time to spend money.
I when down to my favorite mod shop just out side of china town at picked up the following
1x Case Art Vinal Sticker. It a picture of Trinity in the phone booth from the Matrix.
1x Super Bright 3x Geen LED Sets
2x Eluminating Green IDE Cable.
1x Set of 2 Green Eluminating Case Handles.

02/10/05
Used a dremel to cut out a small hole for the super bring LEDs. I don't think my old man has much in the way of Metal Cutting tools for his dremel as I totally F.U.B.A.R.ed 2 of his blades. (Oops :eek: )

I then started working on custting the hole in the side panel for the side windows.
I used an angel grinder for cutting out the hole. I nearly lost my left index fingure as I was not paying attension to where the blade was. But I was not really wearing all the safe gear. :eek:
After the angel grinding, I then tidyied up the edges with a power filer and finally a dremel.

I've drilled holes in the top for the handles.

After that, gave the case it first black under coat some some of the paint from my last project.

I will post photos when I get home.

This kind of modding isnt very hard, only time I would have problems is painting :/

Anyways, I always break dremel bits, their not made for the hardcore work us people put them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom