help regarding x800xt with zalman vf700 alu cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laggass

Beta member
Hello,

Right my problem is i have recently bought an ati radeon x800xt graphics card which ran fine but the noise of the fan was annoying so i decided to fit a zalman cooler instead. I took off the old heatsink/fan and fitted the new zalman one. The only problem was when i turned my p.c back on and logged on i got a message from the ati vpu recover programme saying that my graphics card want responding properly (probly due to the new fan not being plugged into the graphics card fan slot) Anyway the vpu trys to reset the card to solve the problem but cant so it says it has to run in software mode. I just wanted to know if any of you has experienced anything like this and is there a way round it as everything runs very slowly when in software mode. I'm now using my old 9600xt to get around the problem. Should i just remove all programmes/drivers etc to do with the graphics card and put the x800 back in and just reinstall the driver and not ati control centre.

Thanks for any help you can give.

i plugged the zalman fan into the standard 4pin power connector like it says, so theres nothing in the graphics card fan slot.

dont worry i got it going properly now, so theres no way to have ati contol panel going then????

got a feeling if i install that again the problems will start up.

suppose ati tool does a better job.

*EDIT*

Gotta say it does an awsome job already overclocked it to 515/560 from 500/500 with no problems at all, memory clock could even go higher and temp rarely goes over 65 degrees C.

p.s whats more important when over clocking the core speed or memory speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom