Temperature probe for 9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovesocks

In Runtime
Has anyone with a Radeon 9800 Pro got a good way of measuring GPU temp? I know it takes a probe of some sort, but are there any that will allow software monitoring?

sometimes your 9800pro has the LM63 chip on it. whihc if you download ATITOol then you might have a temp chip on it. but if not then you need to buy a third party temperature monitor and put it next to the GPU

Do you have a suggestion on a good temperature monitor? And are there any that allow for software monitoring?

...aTiTool

you should also mod your 9800pro into a 9800XT, you got the artic cooling on their why not mod?

I am guessing you Idle and Load pretty low with that cooling on it.

ATI Tool is the best out there.

And like said, flash to an XT.

Hmm I read an article that said flashing to an XT hardly makes any performance difference, and isn't really worth it because of the risk involved. What difference does the XT BIOS really make?

Also, where in ATiTool should it say the temperature? I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything .. does that mean there's no temp chip? When I asked for a good temperature monitor, I meant a physical one that I'd install on it, because it looks like I'm going to need one.

Finally, I don't think the temperatures are very low, because I have a small case. There's a 120mm 78cfm fan blowing into it that makes quite a difference with CPU and system temps, but I'm not getting very good overclocking results. When I get the chance I'm going to reinstall the heatsink to make sure I didn't put too much Arctic Silver or something.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom