Leave on or Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
Is it better to leave your computer on all the time? or turn it off at night or when your at school and stuff?

I personally would turn it off when it is not in use. Especially if you spent a lot of money on the computer. I mean, you wouldn't want anything bad to happen.

-romeo

Leaving it on reduces the little bit of damage to the parts that occurs during startup/shutdown when the temps start to change due to expanding when they warm up and contracting when cooling down. Only difference really other than that is the fact that you wont have to worry about the long shut downs and start ups.

Doesn't hurt to leave it on....I guess but now days you can turn them off and on and its not gonna hurt your system near as much as it used to <== Asked that to a guy that builds computers...

Yea technology has improved a WHOLE LOT but for me i leave it on because I think that with my overclock it would do a lot more damage turning it on/off with the excess ammounts of heat im getting....

Yes turn the thing off to save power, which will save you money and will be better for the environment. There is no point in leaving it on for the sake of it.

this has been coverd in the hardware section search TF before you post

and how about standby? = power save? or hibernate which is nice sometimes

PZEROFGH said:
this has been coverd in the hardware section search TF before you post

Just because its been posted before doesn't mean that everyone has read that thread. I was glad to see this topic. And what's up with telling him to search and then contributing to the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom