Hardware Troubleshooting almost non-existent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
I've noticed that almost nobody posts in the hardware troubleshooting section anymore. if you go down the list of threads and look how many replies there are, you'll usually see 0, 1, 2, maybe 5, and the occasional 10+. IMO, the hardware troubleshooting section should be scrapped and merged into the High-end and General PC catergories. That way, peoples questions can be awnsered quickly and thoroughly. to me, its frustrating to see peoples computer problems being ignored in favor of "which vid card is better" type of threads.

Just a thought................

Actually, we mods need to move more threads to the Hardware Troubleshooting that have been mis-posted.

We can't help that people are too dense to choose the right forum.

thats not what i'm talking about. i'm trying to tell you that almost nobody is bothering to check the hardware troubleshooting section. the reason people are posting in the wrong area's are because they have noticed the pattern of nobody checking the troubleshooting section and they know that their question will be awnsered in the other sections.

I agree with Trotter. If we keep a pretty balanced load between the hardware sections, everything will get answered better.

Elbatrop1 said:
I agree with Trotter. If we keep a pretty balanced load between the hardware sections, everything will get answered better.

thats the problem, it ISN'T balanced look at the posts in all the other hardware sections and compare them to the troubleshooting section. nobody awnseres questions anymore because they'd rather see whats new or what video card is better. thats why i think that the general and high end sections should also include troubleshooting. because thats where everyone posts.

Yeah, he's right. All people care about is video cards almost. Anything else goes on the back burner. I thought all along when we split the hardware section we should have had a forum specifically for video cards, since thats what most questions are about.

The reason why troubleshooting is inadaquent here is the fact the most people don't know how to diagnose and troubleshoot any problems

Most people here, if working in the computer industry, would be salesmen, not computer technicians. The fact is that most people here know very little about how a computer actually works and don't really understand the theory behind any of it, they have simply memorized and understood things like megahertz and gigabytes

Diagnosing a problem only going off of what is typed on a screen only worsens the issue...either way until more people come here that actually know more about computers than wishlists, this will always be the case

Oh, I should also point out that troubleshooting takes two to tango, if the thread starter just posts a topic and gives no feedback to advice given, you might never know if it did anything useful or not

Agreed with gaara.

It's one thing to be able to choose pieces for a computer that work together, but to actually be able to troubleshoot something when something goes wrong is a totally different league.

At least we have some experienced members that stick around to help those who have problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom