CRT or LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't reccommend getting an Envision anything. I have a 19" Envision, and it's going down the tubes quickly. I am going to buy a 19" Viewsonic Flat Panel from Newegg.

CRT anyday. I doubt I'll ever make the switch to LCD. Liquid Crap Display is the appropriate term I'd like to use.

60hz hurts my eyes, so I always invest insomething that can handle atleast 70hz or higher, like my current one. I picked this thing up for less then $200 at a bestbuy. MAG INNOVISION 19inch flat screen. Has a crap load of features, and is amazing.

I'll be using this for a while.

well I kinda like that crts arn't fixed resolutions....^^

But I'm on the computer alot and I've heard Lcds arn't as hard on your eyes

Space is no issue here:D
Money is......

O comon CRT are better unless you move alot, don't game, or dont have enough space.
I looked at 12ms LCD's and the ghosting is there and pisses me off
CRT's can play at higher res's np, you cant get quality res increase from a lcd because there are physical pixels and when you icnrease the res, it becomes distorted, but a crt is projected on the screen so it actually moves the pixels.

I have used LCD's and crt's all day and the whole hard on your eyes thing is bullshit. CRT's are cheaper too, to get a comparable performance lcd for gaming you need to pay like 350$.

However to give lcd's credit, they are improving rapidly.

LCDs dont emmit the radiation that normal CRTs do, not sure if its still a problem now but i remember that our school had to buy all new monitors because of all the old ones being in the same room emmiting way to much radiation. Oh and if you get a CRT get a nice flatscreen one, plus with a CRT its easier to clean, no worry about chemicles eating the screen up.... Plus it costs a lot more to get a good LCD compared to a good CRT IMO >_<

Does anyone know of a review site for crts lol? I mean there arn't really any around:(

also LCd=more money... but is it worth it?

dude... read this thread, that willa nswer your question.

pretty much viewsonic, and nec are good crt makers

TheMajor said:
I'm at my computer (CRT) from approximately 10am untill 4am, and I don't have any problems.

Get with the times, you are so outdated and seriously biased on this issue....(although I do respect you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom