WoW System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
What do you think of this setup? Its being built for a kid who only cares about World of Warcraft running smoothly.

AMD Sempron 64 2500+ Palermo 800Mhz FSB

MSI K8N NEO3-F Socket 754 NForce4-4X

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 RAM

eVGA 128-P2-N386-TX GeForce 6600GT PCI-Express x16

SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series 40GB 7200 RPM HD

Is there anything there you would change? Note I am on a very tight budget.

wow. you can get an XP processor. and it would be much better

but i see you only have like 300 dollars lol

That PC should be fine for WoW and any other Pc game that the boy want to play in it.
the Processor is fine, you don't need to upgrade it. :)

The minimum requirement for WoW is an 800mhz processor. That AMD processor you have chosen is somewhere in the neighborhood of a 2ghz processor from Intel. I think it'll be fine...

Sorry it took so long to reply. The reason I chose that processor, is because the cheapest Socket 939 Processor on Newegg is $146, thats nearly half my budget right there. Were talking $350-$400. That 2500+ is only $59, thats cheap. I think this system should be more than adequit for what he wants to do. If I can get a little more cash out of him I may get a Sempron 64 2800+ which is only $75. Plus if he wanted to in the future he could always swap that chip out for a Socket 754 AMD 64 Chip. Or even make the switch to 939, whichout any major problems. The 6600GT PCI-E is a good graphics card, and the Corsair ValueSelect Ram is great for anyone who isn't into overclocking. So I think this will be a good machine, thanks for your replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom