What OC have similar systems gotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPUz to verify overclock. SuperPi for CPU Benchmarking (to see how much overclocking improved performance). Prime95 for CPU Stability testing. Aquamark3, also for benchmarking. PCMark03/05 also for benchmarking. 3DMark01SE, also for CPU benchmarking. 3DMark05 for shits and laughs :classic:. But seriously, 3DMark05 may be mostly a video card benchmarker, but the increase in score, however small, can aid in determining the increase in performance. Also, SiSoft Sandra for CPU benchmarking (One of my favs, you can compare to other CPUs right there).

Be sure to run the benchmarking programs before and after to really see the increase in performance.

Np, you'll have to find the links yourself though. Just google them and you'll have them in no time.

Just a note: 3DMark05 is a pretty big program, like 300MB or something. But its really useful and has awesome graphics, well worth it.

Yea 3DMark05 is great, also run 3DMark03, a little more CPU dependent, unlike the switch to 05 which heavily scores on GPU.

its goign to take you a long time to OC. 5mhz increases, running prime95 and all that stuff. 5mhz each day. so thats like 250divided5 which is 50 days. and then you still have more lol. so thats like over 3 months! but i did my OC in two days lol.

PZEROFGH said:
But i did my OC in two days lol.

Lol.

No, its not gonna take you 50 days.

Yea, raise the FSB/HTT by 5 everytime, then boot into windows and run Prime95 while also looking at a temperature monitor (SpeedFan is a decent, quick temp monitor, with a chart feature). You don't need to start Priming it at 200FSB/HTT, you can probably safely take it up to 230 Mhz on stock voltage but remember to raise it by 5MHz everytime.

To save some time, just run Prime95 overnight. If its 8-12 hours stable, thats good enough for me personally, but some people prefer having it 24 hours stable.

Its going to take you about a week to overclock your PC to the last MHz, but I just overclocked imy PC in 5 mins and got a 8-hour Prime95 stable report. Good 'nuf for me.

me too. OC to the speed you want, then run prime95 overnight woot you dont have to go throught all the processs. you just want it stable and what you want lol

Ok take into consideration that I am EXTREMELY impatient but don't want to scru myself. Now how dangerous would it be to set a 2:1 divider and jump straight to 250 mhz and raise the voltage a guestimated amount and see if it works. :)

Also is there a maximum voltage I should generally safely use for my setup or is that only determined by the increase in heat as I go higher and higher?

at stock heatsink i would say around >1.6v, you could just set it to 250 and set the 5:6 divider or what not, and see if it works lol.

=) thats what i like to hear. also can someone explain to me a little better what the HTT multiplier is? And when should it be lowered? I think I understand what the CPU multiplier is and I understand the whole CPU:RAM ratio stuff and needing to raise voltages to the CPU and RAM but I don't quite see where the HTT multiplier fits into things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom