CRT or LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

harobikes333

In Runtime
I'm looking to spend about 200somthing on a monitor.....or less if I can with out sacraficing goodness;)

What do you recommend? I'll be gaming, talking on msn, email, online games, surfing the web, typing school papers, etc....

WHOA! you made a thread foryourself and now you can stop hijacking other people's threads lol. what i tell you about LCDs and go for his ^^ monitor ^^

I know you want to spend about $200, but i think you should get an LCD. I recently went from a 17inch CRT to a 19inch LCD with DVI connection($340)and i love it. Loads more deskspace, LCDs create less heat, etc.

If you are a semi serious gamer, a CRT would be the better bet. They generally have better response times and cost a little bit cheaper.

If you're budget-concious, go a for a quality CRT. But if you've got a little more to spend or are willing to wait and save up, I would honestly invest in a quality LCD.

The way I look at it is CRTs are best for gaming only PCs. LCDs are better if you get a good one though, IMO, and 8ms or less isn't bad for gaming at all.

beedubaya said:
The way I look at it is CRTs are best for gaming only PCs. LCDs are better if you get a good one though, IMO, and 8ms or less isn't bad for gaming at all.

I'm at my computer (CRT) from approximately 10am untill 4am, and I don't have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom