another blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
hey i have a problem.... when doing email through my work server, all of a sudden my computer stops working and the blue screen of death comes up. its done this twice in a row so far, and its getting me worried. i get the message "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" this makes no sense to me. anyone know what this means and/or is it a problem for my computer?

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

See this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293077

which os?

Did u install something new recently? Try to boot in the safe mode, and check the deviec manager for any device malfunction and any double entries for drivers.

only thing i installed was a klez virus remover from the symantec website. i was in safe mode for a while to use it. il go back and check there again.

holy sh*t. i was going through the symantec "fixklez" file and i fould the report of all the things it deleted/repaired when it "fixed" my computer. after scrolling down a HUGE list it says:

Here is the report:

The total number of scanned files: 132153
The number of deleted files: 1425!!!!!!!!?!!?!?!?
The number of repai9red files: 539

1425 files deleted??? i think this is probably the problem with my computer. we have close to 500 files from c:\windows\temp either repaired/deleted and another 500 from c:\system volume information. the rest are from c:\program files and c:\documents and settings.
does anyone have any clue what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom