BIOS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
allan16 said:
Another question...sorry ...jejeje

Do you guys know a place where there is a pic of a motherboard so I see where the batterie is at.....A friend of mine has it....I have to tell him how to do it over the phone

And once I do that the computer will start normally .,...correct ?

You guys shouln't post that fast, lol :D
It doesn't neccesarely boot correctly, sometimes you need to re-configure some settings after clearing your BIOS, like boot sequence, CPU speed (multiplier/FSB). Be careful before changing anything, though.
Why do you want to reset the CMOS?

Apic of your motherboard? Well, it shoud be in the motherboard's manual. Otherwise, look up a manual of your motherboard on the internet.
You can also try to find the jumper without the help of a manual, just look for a jumper that says CMOS or VBAT1 or somethign similar next to it.

a Friend just called me and said that he was playing around with the BIOS and now his computer would not come up

SO I wanted to know if there was a way to reset the BIOS to its default settings

If it boots at all, enter the bios on the bootup and I think ( depending on your bios ) there should be a restore defaults on an advanced tab somewhere.

Well, ask him if he has a manual. Or just take out the battery, but don't break anything. Batteries can be hard to take out without breaking anything!

So do you guys think that if I tell him to take the batterie out and try to start the computer , it will ?

Becuase If I have to do what the Major says ..I don't really want to do it ....

bradybnmci said:
If it boots at all, enter the bios on the bootup and I think ( depending on your bios ) there should be a restore defaults on an advanced tab somewhere.

That would be the easiest option, unless it won't boot at all.

Surely you can find the battery, it's a little round shiny thing probably near the bottom right corner of the motherboard...and the reset jumper should be about an inch away from it

allan16 said:
he todl me that he is able to enter the bios...but that is the only thing

Then there should be an option in the BIOS to restore default settings. Use it.

BTW, don't boot the computer without battery, makes no sense, you should just take it out a few minutes so the BIOS looses it's settings. The put it back and boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom