Dell + AMD = Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
No. I've been in this forum for a awhile now and you should know that i'm not a AMD fan boy.

The simple fact of it all is, "Look at all benchmarks of all of the TOP CPU's in every class of CPU." And then tell me what you see???

Dual Core is ?
Fastest Single Core is ?
Server CPU's is ?

wheres single core processor multi tasking ?
Budget dual core ?

but amd is better anyways for now.

What do you mean? If you bought a really, really early Venice or San Diego and tried to run it on a phase change you'd run into problems...this problem was identified really quickly and AMD fixed it nearly right away

A company that dedicates complete satisfaction to such a small consumer base like that is worthy of my business

i had a few problems with SiSandra reporting my cpu temp as >479 Degrees C, but the bios reports it at a nice toasty 42 Degrees C.

Yea AMD goes out of there way to make just a small portion of there buyers extremly happy when something is wrong like that...

gaara said:
This is a bit debatable, as I said AMD certainly gears itself towards the overclocking market, example being fixing the cold bug in the Venice chips...a company that goes out of the way to fix something like that which effects a very small amount of the market would be "better" at overclocking by my definition since they are engineering their chips with the thought of overclocking in mind
I know they gear towards the overclocking market, however, clock for clock, intel CPUs generally overclock (in terms of GHz) more than an AMD cpu, however like I said, AMD does more cycles per clock, so it all balances out.

i also heard that Intels can overclock further by increasing the bus but AMD's overclock further by increasing the multiplier, i dont know if its true though...

003 said:
I know they gear towards the overclocking market, however, clock for clock, intel CPUs generally overclock (in terms of GHz) more than an AMD cpu, however like I said, AMD does more cycles per clock, so it all balances out.
what about overclocking in terms of performance gain?
you know higher MHZ doesn't always = better.

and only AMD's FX-s can increase their multipliers. the normal A64's do damn well only increasing the HTT, and sometimes even LOWERING the multi in order to increase the HTT again.

I like AMD because they actually seem to care about what people want.
and because I don't like feeding money to the giants like Intel. especially hearing what the CEO is like (a real bast...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom