Quake III Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
lbreevesii said:
ohh be optimistic major.

and for gods sake quake dosent' suck...i bet you play UT and CS. Quake III is a classic. I could always jump the gun and go for a quake IV theme rather than quake III....wouldn't be a bad idea, just mainly be changing the symbols.

Quake 1 and 2 were cool, Quake 3 and Uneal Tournament games suck. Quake 3 is a classic, true. But I don't like it.

Ofcourse Quake could look very nice if used for a case mod.

I played CS few times, not a very bad game.

damn right man.

okay i sat down with a friend of mine tonight ot do some color planning. its looking like this thing is going to include bits from several parts of quake as well as sub-themes of some other cases.

to keep the case from winding up as all one color scheme or pattern throughout it is going to sortof transition through to different types throughout the case.

heres the idea so far for hte left side:

cutout symbol with mesh backing and red light coming through.

around the symbol will be painted(most likley painted) in a circuit board sort of theme with the rusty orange(see the floor of most of the q3dm17 map) it is similar to the side theme of this case:
Q3nice.jpg

that theme will then fade into black and silver.

around the corners of the case will be raised sections of steel plate, held off of the side by spacers and secured by rivets. these raised corners will be painted in a color scheme similar to the hl2 case.

the black of the main case side will show slightly from under the edges of the raised plate. The black showing will aid in the transition to the front bezel, which will be done in the style of the hl2 keyboard but will be painted what we have dubbed "quake red"(most likley, not entirely happy with it, but i'm open for suggestions).

the same ideas and color themes will continue to the top and right side.

def. not as involved as or as crazy as the hl2 box, but i don't want for it to be.

imput guys?

~Larry

Add something to the case that makes it look like it has come in close contact with an explosive......The only quake I have every played is quake II when I was young.......Makes me think of explosions for some reason but I can't remember why......For this you could make it look like a spot of the case has metal bending and torn, along with a black coloring around it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom