The Monster of All Monsters... Right Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...its the one at the very left...
he's talking about the square 4pin connector, not the 24pin connector...which he's right it's not in the picture, but I'd assume it's the one next to it which is showing 8connections.

it's 1kw, doesn't mean it would use all that at a time, so I doubt it'd really be a toll on any power bill

The reason for the 8 pin connecter is because that PSU is more for a highend server running Dual CPU's or Dual Cores. Most (Dual Core) ready MOBO's for the desktop are being made with 8 pins on the MOBO.

As for using it in a high-end gaming rig, it's not really over kill. Think about all of the OCin' World record holders. They all seem to have some beefed up 1350watt custom PSU. Put it this way, configure the highest end PC for gaming. Then add major overclocking to that. Now you're using it for what it's supposed to be used for in the desktop. A freakin' power plant... lol

Yeah it's pretty much overkill... lol

That only seems pratically if you wanted to run a peltier of it or something, other than that...I don't really see a point to it...most computer components are becoming more power conservative

I assume you will be buying one havoc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom