External Hard Drive trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreal Tuner

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I'm new so please have mercy on me...

I recently purchased a Fantom Drives External Hard Drive.

When its connected it makes the sound that a USB is connected.

The only problem I am having is that it does not show up on My Computer. Only when want to disconnect the device.

Has anyone had any trouble like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I used search but I wanted to see if anyone could offer a little more help.

Thanks Again.

hey, right click my computer and select manage (xp) and then find and click disk management. Find your external drive and it is most likely not formatted or partitioned or something so right click it and select the format option (or partition first if it hasn't already been partitioned).
hope this fixes your problem,
stuart

Could it be possible that I have a defective Hard Drive??

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

sorry hadn't checked email for a bit.. umm hmm its not showing in disk management? how bout trying a partition program to see if it shows up.. try this or you can try searchin on google for one..

oh and another question for ya .. does it show up in device manager under disk drives??

oh good then.. its unlikely that its stuffed then if its showing in device manager.. silly question i no but is it enabled? (device manager) if so it is sure to show up if u get a partition program and you can partition and format it from there

the only disk it came with is a Win98 USB Driver Installation Disc.
Its suppose to be Plug n Play

I'll try that partition program and see what happens, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom