gaming PC- help greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
timmer said:
now is the worst time to build a pc. 1. amd will be introducing a new mobo that will allow ddr2.2. intel will also be introducing a new chip that will be better than the lga775 and different and up to 5x better all around. no joke loke at maximum pc. 3.when amd allows ddr2 it will also deliver a new socket and set up.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817190006
Then new M2 chips wont be out untill '06....who's going to put off their plans to build for 4-6 months just because something better is comming out. Something better will always be just around the corner so you might as well build now if you have the money.

yeah, im building in Nov and i can't keep the money any longer. so its either build a really good computer now or get something else.. but i dont want anything else.

just suck it out, make some few minor upgrade, video card, ram. hdd. and you can wait 4-5 months

PZEROFGH said:
just suck it out, make some few minor upgrade, video card, ram. hdd. and you can wait 4-5 months
The computer I have right now can't play ANY current games so I'm building now.

HP Pavilion XE813. It has an Intel Celeron proc. and I'd have to look around to find the rest of the specs but I'm sure I have no prayer of upgrading this machine enough to handle BF2 or FEAR.

I checked DX Diagnostic and I have a Pentium III ~768MHz, 126MB of RAM, and as far as I know it uses onboard graphics, w00t!

agreed on the home computer makeover bit... You could cheap out like me and get everything barebones, but upgradable! cheapest 939 processor w/ a good mobo, and then a cheap pci-e video card to temporarily fill the gap till we all get 7800gtx's for $5 a piece!

Ryan

Its never a good time to build a pc....get it now and regret it 6 months later...or buy crap now and dont have any fun with it for 6 months....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom