Sempron Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Im buying a AMD Sempron processor, do I buy the Palermo Core, or the Thoroughbred Core? I think the difference is the FSB, Palermo is 800MHz, and Thoroughbred is 333MHz. Which core is the better core?

Hmm, 800MHz FSB or 333MHZ FSB...I wonder...

Just go with the Palmero dude. Get a Sempron 64.

Well, im on a tight budget. So every penny counts. im building a PC for a friend, who only wants to play World of Warcraft, and thats all he cares about. He gave me a budget of $350-$400. So im thinking a Sempron 2800+. But I cant decide on the video card. I am thinking a 128MB eVGA 6200, cause there is no way I can squeeze in the 6600GT. Which is what id like to get. But is this the 6200 I want to get? Or is there a better one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130241

Well, I could always move down in processor speed. Like a Spempron 64 2500+. I just dont know how much speed or preformance hes going to loose in the game. All he want is for it not to skip frames in game pretty much. Also, a 6600GT is near twice as much if not more than the 6200TC, how much am speed and power am I going to loose if I stick with the 6200TC?

Just to give you an idea of what hes running now, hes running a 733Mhz Celeron Processor coupled with only 128Mb's of Ram, and an onboard video card. He is currently unable to run in on his own computer, and always has to go did his Step Dads house to play, and hes getting sick of it. So pretty much anything I build for him is going to give his a huge, noticable boost in speed. Hes Step Dads computer is fairly nice, but for some reason it too is only running onboard video.... figures, its a Dell.

wow is not too demanding, u should go down a lil and get the 2500+ and the 6600gt than the 2800+ and the 6200, ull notice a better increase with the 2500and6600gt ive read some bad reviews on the 6200

Looks like the 6600GT will be more than powerful enough. They did say that an Athlon XP would bog down the Video Card, causing it to run slow. But im betting that the Sempron 64 Processor with 1GB of PC3200 Corsair Value Ram will be more than enough power to keep World of Warcraft running fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom