Boot Disk 98SE GRR.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
Ok i got a old labtop and im trying to install windows 98SE. It said i need a bootdisk, well i downloaded a windows 98SE boostdisk. I right clicked the file and sended it to the floppy drive. It made a copy of it to go there. Then i checked it out it was there. So i tried it out and it didn't work so wahts going on? with it :(

Let me get this strait

> You got the boot disk file
> You created the disk
> You put the disk in the laptop it did not work

Try going into BIOS and changing the boot order.

ok i downloaded it from bootdisk.com for one. And i can't get in into the BIO's there is none. Its wiped down to nothing says its has no OS plz put in System disk.

Call me ignorant but BIOS is stored in hardware chips and is not software or stored by software or on your harddrive it can't be wiped out???

> You insert the disc
> Does the error message say something to the regards of it being not local?

You have to start the program you downloaded, and it will extract the neccesary files and copy them to the disk. The file itself is not the boot program.

Ok this is really freaking me out here. I booted it up to see what it would say and it started to format the hdd. It has never done this before this is weird. But i will see what happens when its done.

Why yes it is i can not see why it never did this before and now its doing it man this thing is jsut werid but its still formatting so we will see if it works :D.

That shouldn't happen it should open DOS with CD-ROM support it should not run fdisk automatically.

OMG its freaking installing WTF is going on ??????
And can anyone think of why i can get in the Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom