AOL Optimized PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pay $14.95 a month for SBC 1.5Mbps DSL. And AOL charges $23.00 for dialup, and if you want broadband they try and whack you for another $15.00 on top of that!!!

But you're right, people just don't know any different.

AOL is to you what Telstra is to us.

Telstra used to be Public Company but they are going to Privatise it.

They are the main company that offers phone and internet services. So many people sign up to Telstra because its a name they know, but they are getting ripped off.

My parents signed up for it 12 months ago in a contract not knowing what a rip off they are, but im thankful for having ADSL at all.

Im on a 256/64k ADSL package. I can download 10gb before being slowed to 64k. This costs me $60 AUD.

Once the plan is finished, i have to call up Telstra on a certain day to fix up the switching.

I am switching to a TPG plan thats 1500/256k, 20gb of Downloads for $40.

What's worse is I know people who switched back to AOL because "someone deleted our Internet Explorer, and we had to switch back to AOL to get it back" .

I wont laugh, i will just feel remorse.....:(

Lol they are sayin that it is a high preformance pc and it only was 256mb ram and its a slow celeron 2.5ghz

but people dont know that.

"ooooh, it loads Windows faster than my Pentium 2 350mhz, it must be high performance"

a lot of people get confused when you don't have to sign in to get the internet with broadband, so they think that it doesn't work and they go back to AOL dial up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom