installing win xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
its just occured to me ive got my optical drives in ide_0 instead of ide_1 maybe thats why because ide_0 is the primary boot isnt it

that hasnt helped everytime it wants to boot the cd even when i havnt set the cd to 1st boot i dont know about it but it needs an EXPERT i cant do it god knows whats up with it its way beyond my expertise ive even tried all the configurations in bios

hmm maybe try upgrading your bios? yeh i no u said its all new stuff but maybe there is another new bios upgrade out? after a quick search on google tells me that a cpl of people are/were having problems with bios boot options and upgrading bios helped.. just a sugestion

yeah thanks for all the help i did it in the end. if anyone has got a giga byte ga-k8n pro sli motherboard, or the ga-k8n ultra sli. you have to get the drivers for the sata/raid on the cd that came with the motherboard i know its stupid because how can you install the cd without the o/s. instead you have to get a floppy and install the drivers on the floppy. if you go into the cd open the folder BootDRV and then open the MENU.exe select E and it will extract it to your floppy, and when you install windows again press f6 and install the drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom