Dell + AMD = Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
They have fairly good technology? AMD makes the best TOP CPU in every CPU class. Fairly good technology... yeah... ok.
I smell a fanboy! While I admit, AMD is much better for gaming, intel does better in the for business applications, photoshop, etc... Also, don't even say for one second that AMD is better overclocking. Generally speaking, intel CPUs overclock much more than AMD CPUs, however AMD has more cycles per clock. It all really balances itself out. It just depends on what you use your computer for. Also, it is well known that single core intel cpus are better at multitasking than single core amd cpus, however you do not usually multitask while gaming. no flaming please, these are just cold, hard and unbiased facts.

Apple using Intel, Dell using AMD - HELL IS FREEZING OVER!!!!!!! THE UNIVERSE HAS BEEN UNBALANCED.

Oh well, it would be good for AMD.

Also, don't even say for one second that AMD is better overclocking.
This is a bit debatable, as I said AMD certainly gears itself towards the overclocking market, example being fixing the cold bug in the Venice chips...a company that goes out of the way to fix something like that which effects a very small amount of the market would be "better" at overclocking by my definition since they are engineering their chips with the thought of overclocking in mind

003 said:
I smell a fanboy!

No. I've been in this forum for a awhile now and you should know that i'm not a AMD fan boy.

The simple fact of it all is, "Look at all benchmarks of all of the TOP CPU's in every class of CPU." And then tell me what you see???

Dual Core is ?
Fastest Single Core is ?
Server CPU's is ?

Answer those questions and you'll get my point about, "Fairly good technology."

Yeah, actually I am a fan boy of PC Power and Cooling, that's it.

charles_scott said:
Read this little fancy article about Dell planing on using AMD cpus if the demand gets high enough for them....

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22401
But that is going to give AMD a bad name...... :p j/k

ON a serious note, what ever happened to that lawsuit that AMD was trying to bring up with Intel for unfair trade practices earlier this year? :question:

bradybnmci said:
Intel is going to lose a TON of business !
AMD's are just cheaper.
B.S.
There is a few factors to think about here.

Firstly you have AMD. They themselves do rarely advertise their products. They expect the channel parters to do that for them. They are the Dealers, Distributers, Resellers, OEM Manfactuers, Software Devs to do that for them. Apart from a few advertisment here and there, AMD has this whole entire "WORD OF MOUTH" approach for them.
As where you have intel...... I think it's impossible for me to walk into a cinema now days who out seeing those ****ING blue bald guys show up the screen, let alone all the other advertising that I see intel doing which is almost impossible to avoid.
BTW.... does any here remember the name of the AMD Mobile Processor that is compeating directly with Intel Centrino. I can seem to remember as seems to be a handful of smaller manufactuers that are actually using them.

And then you intel. First you have their Geunie Intel Dealer programs which forces channel partners to purchase min. quanities of their CPU per quarter.
And then there is the recient stuff that has come to light where Intel will provide a cheaper price on their CPUs to big brand names provided that the big brand name does not purchase or promote AMD CPUs.

Even though I am an AMD Fan Boy myself, AMD really needs to get their ass in to gear in the Marketing Department. The real reason why AMD does not sell that well is that Joe End User is not even award that their product exist in the first place.

Intel is in NO DANGER of loosing market share for some time to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom