installing win xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys i have a big problem ive just put together my new comp and im about to reinstall windows, ive reconfigured the bios so it boots up on cd, ive imserted the win xp pro disk then it starts to boot the cd then formats the hard drive using ntfs and after loads files.my problem is after that the computer restart back to dos and instead of following on from were it left it starts again eg reformat the drive and install files huh?????? i need help please is the bios the problem do i need to configure that

After it copied the files to the hard disk and reboots, enter BIOS and change the boot sequence to IDE-0. Or just set the boot sequence to CD-ROM, IDE-0 and you won't have to change anything after it copied the files to the HDD.

ive tried what you sayed ive made 1st boot cd 2nd hard drive still no joy when the computer resarts after installing the file it automatically boots from cd without me telling it it tries to reinstall windows again.

if it restarts and formats again then its booting from the disc after it restarts?? then as TheMajor said, try after it restarts just set the IDE-0 as the first boot device and if you can take disc out... how can it boot from it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom