What OC have similar systems gotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
I was just wondering what similar systems to mine have gotten for CPU overclocks. Check my sig for specifics but mainly I am just interested in what people have OCed an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ SanDiego up to. I know all OCs will be different I just want to know for general purposes. Thanks :confused:

you wont be able to get a lot of Oc out of the valueram lol, but the cpu shall go up to 2.7 at least.

Yeah, I know someone here has their 3700 at 2.8. Cooling will be a determining factor...

What kind of cooling do you have?

If stock HSF, w/AS5, I say you'll get 2.7GHz or 2.8GHz out of it before you need a new HSF. Voltage I would say 1.5v but I'm no expert voltage predicter.

hes on air i believe with stock heatsink.

why dont you just see how far you can OC instead of asking other ppl

I got my San Diego 3700+ up to 2.7 on stock HSF with a voltage of 1.6, using DFI lanparty nf4 SL-DR and a gig (2x512) of OCZ Plantinum Rev 2. I currently have it stable at 2.8ghz at 1.68v with my water cooling setup, I have idle temps of 29-30C and under full load around 45C.

Many thanks. By the way just to let you guys know I am asking these questions instead of just doing it and finding out myself because I am COMPLETELY swamped with college/work/baby and I don't want to rush my OCing so I just wanted to hear what kind of numbers I might get when I actually have the time to do it myself.

Another question which programs should I run after each increase in CPU? I don't want to spend a bunch of time on the tests unless I really have to at higher speeds. Thanks, and links to downloads of the programs would be nice. I already have various ones that I got from stickies but I am not sure what all I need to run after each small OC increase.

Just to let you know quickly I don't have links, but I have Motherboard monitor, cpu-z run right at start up, then I run a SuperPI 1m test right away then go through prime95. I would run prime95 for atleast an hour if you have limited time, but I recommend that you take your time when doing this and run it for a couple hours just to be sure. I also ran CPU-burn in for 48 hours before I did any overclocking, whether this truely works or not I am not sure but I did it just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom