comp formated now im screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniminman

Beta member
Hi, I recently bought a nice new laptop and downloaded the instal disk from the computer so that I could install winxp on my old desktop which used to run winme, so far Ive formated the hard drive and have the setup files loaded to the C drive but now that im trying to install im having a problem says cannot find file hraidsk1, ive read some posts and im guessing that its the driver for my hard drive? But the computer does recognize the Hard drive so where the hell do I get this file? from the ms1 website? Any help would be great im sure its easy and im just lost,
thanks

ok you are trying to use a restore disk from a laptop to install win xp on another comp? (btw illeagal spend the $100 on a ligit copy) If not I am a little confused.

its not illegal i bought the operating system with my laptop, now I want to use it on my desktop, so what, I dont have the original me cd. And im not going to spend 100 dollars on an ancient computer. Any info please on original topic
thanks

ok so you are throwing away the laptop and only using the desktop? btw most os's that come with laptops will only install on that specific type of laptop. Much like dell does so the os will only load on a specific type of motherboard.

miniminman said:
its not illegal i bought the operating system with my laptop, now I want to use it on my desktop, so what, I dont have the original me cd. And im not going to spend 100 dollars on an ancient computer. Any info please on original topic
thanks
Hasn't read his EULA, has he?

Anyway, recovery CD's (which is what it sounds like you have) only work for the PC/laptop they were cut for. If you try it on another box, you'll just screw things up.

And if you bought this copy of Windows with your new laptop, then no, you did not "bought the operating system" you bought a license to run the OS on that laptop. You don't really have a full, out-of-the-box cut of Windows. You have an OEM distribution version. It's not the same.

If you don't believe us...call up Microsoft. It's toll-free, and they can tell you in plain English what you've got going on.

so basicaly your saying that ill need to have a friend rip me a copy in order to reinstal, because yes its a dell lap top recovery cd.
thanks for your help

so basicaly your saying that ill need to have a friend rip me a copy in order to reinstal, because yes its a dell lap top recovery cd.
thanks for your help

no dude still illegal listen

the short of it
1. oem only one copy only on the machine it came with.

2. out of the box 1 on a desktop and one on a laptop.

3.we are not saying that u assumed.

4. u are not good with eula's and other things did u not read the aggrement before
signing up to the forums no illegal activities its right there.

so basicly i am sayin u are an idiot.

Man I new techies spent to much time masterbating and eating snot but had no clue they were so law abiding

miniminman said:
Man I new techies spent to much time masterbating and eating snot but had no clue they were so law abiding

Have a nice life moron

And don't get hostile with us because you're too dumb to figure out your own problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom