Using a house air conditioner to cool a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about a swamp cooler.

but could you take a pipe of some sory and attach it to an air vent in a room and take the pipe to the computer case.

You should be the first to try a open liquid cooling system. Just hook up the cold faucet of your sink to the side of the computer and there you go. Or mount a bag of ice inside.

Go to the store, buy the biggest chunk of dry ice you can fit, and put it inside your computer.....

This might be an interesting CASE MOD. How about building a OCin' machine inside a storage freezer? LIKE THIS:
89010245.jpg

You would have to take all the necessary precautions like incasing the components in plexiglass or whatever works. You'd just have to make sure that condensation would collect on components. Then crank up the freezer to like 10 to 20F and overclock away....

It probably wouldn't work, but it could be fun to try... lol

Using a house air conditioner to cool a computer?
I just had Strata Management change the filters in our air con at work. Are you aware of the amount of dust and crap that accumulates in those things?

HAVOC2k5 said:
This might be an interesting CASE MOD. How about building a OCin' machine inside a storage freezer? LIKE THIS:
89010245.jpg
COOL! I can put a six pack in there too.

I just run my A/C unit across the room and I keep my pc at around 30* under full load.

D~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom