Need help bad (please help me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i understand the part about re-installing but i cant even get to that screen. When i ran my xp disc i keep getting a blue screen saying what i posted above.

Also what about the ram ? Could that be bad.

Well guys i've yet to take this to the shop as i feel like i'll be wasting $50. Anyway another guy on another forum told me this could be the problem lmk what yous think -

It sounds like your building a PC, but using an old HDD with a corrupt version of Windows already installed on it. Format the HDD 1st and install Windows from fresh.

hal.dll has information on what hardware you have. since it was from a computer with different hardware, it will not work on this one. you need to do a repair install of XP
put in the XP CD on boot, press enter at the first screen, press f8 to agree to the terms, then the next screen after it says "searching for previous versions of microsoft windows" press r
it will then reinstall all the core parts of Windows, but keep your files and settings intact. that way it will "adapt" the OS on the hard drive to the hardware you have in that system.

Still no luck. I tried everyway you guys have told me & still nothing. Im just gonna take it to that local shop & have them firgure out what the hell is wrong. Then i'll just take it from there.

Bump. I still got this sitting here due to not having the extra $50 right now to take it to the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom