Motherboards: Socket A or 478

Status
Not open for further replies.

galfordsucks

Beta member
should i get a socket a motherboard or socket 478? I wanna Av49vn socket 478 mobo but a Athlon 2200 processor, it's socket A... biiiiig problem there. so, it's either an AMD processor with a socket A motherboard or a Socket 478 with a pentium of some sort. which is better j'ya think? and are the difference, exactly, between the 462pin socket and the new 478pin ones, only thing i've heard is that the 478s are faster somehow... what about a 370?

ok well. Now your arn't residing on which mobo is better your going to cpu because that is what would determin your mobo. There are socket convertors not sure if theres one in your case. normally more pins allows more data or what not to be transfered meaning its a bit faster but its up to you. I would get an amd in your case if ur looking at low level cpus=2220+.

Socket 370 = Intel PIII, Celeron (PII and PIII based) and VIA C3

No converters exist for Socket 462-to-478 (or vice versa). A Socket 478 Pentium 4 can be either slower or faster than the AMD depending on the models you are comparing. It all comes down to your budget, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom