Overclocking the vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
80C is normaly for 6600GTs and up especially for stock cooling.

lol, REDUK has his video card at like 20C,
whos reduk and with what kind of card? Unless he's in a damn near arctic environment with damn good water cooling 20C can't be correct...also of course unless it's a really weak card. I'm idling at 43C right now and it's 26.9C in this room right now, this is with watercooling on a 6800GT

Just one more question. Obviously, at some time, RivaTurner says that the settings that I've set are too high and I cannot go past that. Is this determined by the clock speed I set or by the temp of the card?

And are artifacts also determined by the temp of the card?

Nubius said:
Rivatuner does the same 'force you to test' as coolbits

srry nubius but actually it can be disabled it stall askes u to press the button but it will always pass beacause it isn't actually testing anything and so the test is effectivly disabled.

srry nubius but actually it can be disabled it stall askes u to press the button but it will always pass beacause it isn't actually testing anything and so the test is effectivly disabled.
So? You going out of your way to turn it off is different...in the beginning it still forces you to test just like coolbits does...if you choose to turn it off then that's your own doing and something entirely different

RedUk is a guy on here, the long long thread on build a comp. like 30 pages or something. he has an 7800GTX. and hes complaining about his temps. i think he has air. some built computer from somewhere

My eVGA 7800GTX KO runs arround 45c idle, cant remember what it is under load, stays under 60c thou I think.

The other day I woke up and it was only 56F in my house and my computer was ideling all night and the proc and mobo were idling at 25c and gfx card was 40c maybe, lol, i thought that was pretty good, at normal room temps of about 68F to 70F my proc usually idles arround 28c to 29c.

Srry a little off topic I gues.

Anyone know if I would need to change a setting in bios to see vid card temps on my 7800GTX? I haven't looked yet so this may turn out to be a pointless question but I am on a computer at work and can't look right now. I think I noticed a setting in my bios when I was just skimming through that said my S.M.A.R.T. was disabled but I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom