Overclocking the vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
also if you want to get the most out of your card in rivera tuner you will need to disable the internal clock test. Master Jason gave a brief explanation a while ago that worked for me

use Rivatuner 2.0 RC15.3 > go into Power User> then Nvidia \ Overclocking and change

DisableInternalClockTest to 1

u will still need to click the test button and wait a couple of secs but it won't ever fail it

mine fails the test at 1.23mem and runs 05 looping for hours and hours at 1.303

it's "Nibitor" not nubitor....and after extensive testing done by me and a couple other people at Xtremesystems, it seems modding in your own hex to change the voltages on the 6600GTs doesn't work at all.

The 6800GT's however, already have a voltage option in which you can select from a table...so no you can't raise the voltage with nibitor on a 6600GT

I think your pretty safe overclocking with coolbits. It will force you to test the settings before you can apply them, and it wont take the settings if there too much for the card. Like if you turn the settings up high and then test you will see the screen flash with artifacts/lines across it, then it will say test faild and reset your card to the last speed it passed at.

yea cool bits is safe but my card passes the test at 600/1.6 but artifacts in anything and fails at 579/1.3 and does loops of 3dmark05 easy

...550/1000 thats probably the basics, you will probably get more

*i dont have a 6600GT and i dont konw what im talking about. this is what i think

lol, REDUK has his video card at like 20C, but 80C is fine. i see people with around 100C video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom