can't find keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony0808

Beta member
I have just installed a new power supply in an intel 2ghz celeron
machine on an albatron pm266a board the machine would not boot . so i cleared the cmos and it booted straight away with the instruction to select F1 etc however it is not detecting the keyboard and despite several reboots no joy .I am going round incircles anybody got any idea's

regards t

Is this your operating system not detecting your keyboard or is it not recognized at the BIOS screen either?.. or both?

You may have problems if you are using a USB keyboard, in which case give it a go with a regular keyboard to start with and see how you get on.

Also in your bios you may find there is an option relating to the use of USB keyboards, in which case set it accordingly

the ps2 keyboard is not detected by the bios and as such I can't get into the bios to change any settings . The power supply I have replaced was subject to a mains power surge ,we think, strong enough to take out a surge protector could this have done any damage to the internal componets? Any Ideas?

regards

tony

well try another keyboard, if that doesn't work then the power surge killed the controller on the motherboard. Happened to me once, but mine was from not using a static strap, bought one after that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom