How to make a partition. URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hit escape on this screen

windowinstall1.gif

it will bring you to where you can create and delete partitions

windowinstall2.gif

btw, give your self 10gbs for your partition. 4.5 is too small for all the stuff you will be installing over time. Made that mistake once, so It's important to remember...
Plus it really sucks when you run out of space and can't grow anymore cause you didn't leave any unpartitioned space....

Good luck

Inaris said:
btw, give your self 10gbs for your partition. 4.5 is too small for all the stuff you will be installing over time. Made that mistake once, so It's important to remember...
Plus it really sucks when you run out of space and can't grow anymore cause you didn't leave any unpartitioned space....

Good luck

agree, but withthe new programs like the new office and nero 7 which will take up 1gig of space by themselves, you might want to consider 15 to 20 gigs as the OS partition

EricB said:
agree, but withthe new programs like the new office and nero 7 which will take up 1gig of space by themselves, you might want to consider 15 to 20 gigs as the OS partition

i agree but with service packs you might want 20 to 40 gig

But I don't plan on installing service packs. Also, I can put my program files in another partition. Thats the whole point of separating the system from other files so your system doesn' get corrupted, right?

crazlunatic said:
But I don't plan on installing service packs. Also, I can put my program files in another partition. Thats the whole point of separating the system from other files so your system doesn' get corrupted, right?

this is true-i have a dry sense of humor

without service packs, you will get corrupted before you have time to install anything. Don't be a fool.

give your self at least 10 gbs. If you don't you will regret it in the future.
And don't come back looking for help if your not going to listen. People know what they are talking about... All programs can be repointed to another location. Servicepacks and updates need to be local. The 10gbs, is for the system files that will grow.

I don't need the service packs. I don't have them, and I have never experienced problems.

I don't believe in service packs since my computer got worse after them, and, let's just not talk about that right now.

What I do need to know is if anyone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom