***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
Having the ram run the same as the cpu bus or faster is usually better for gaming. but its hard to say, i would think 2.3Ghz 1:1 is better since 2.6 is much faster of a cpu speed when your lacking ram speed.

God, this is just getting so old.

No Pzero, running 1:1 won't help you in ANYTHING. The point of the whole overclocking this is to get both your mem and CPU as high as possible. If your memory maxes out at 230Mhz, then if you run 1:1, you'll be limited to 2.3Ghz. If you put on a divider, and you can get your CPU to run at 2.6Ghz while you memory runs at (ideally) 230 Mhz, then that is MUCH better. Even if your memory will run at 210 Mhz or so, you should be able to tighten timings and it would still be better than both running at 230Mhz.

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
Even still, who the hells cuts off over a minute on their Super Pi 1M from overclocking? something in your system is not runnin right, you should not gain that much just from overclocking. I can see cutting off a minute or two on the 32M but a 1M run should NOT be cut in half from overclocking, and its not even some extreme overclock so that makes no sense..

What the hell are you talking about? I didn't cut my SuperPi 1m time in half. It was reduced 7s due to overcocking 25%.

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
So then have everyone get the ORIGINAL version of super pi, put in the patch and run it, then it supports all processors, i don't see why i should have to slow down my score because you guys don't think its fair that i want to use my processors full potential. Many AMD's would benefit from that patch also because it uses their SSE3 instructions also, thats why i don't see why its called a prescott patch when it works for AMD's also.

You're not making your CPU go slower. You're just getting a slower score; A score that everyone else has, so its easier to compare.

Are you guys blind or what? how is it fair that people cannot use the full instructions their CPU has because others do not have it?

And sorry i miss read one of your posts i though you said 1 minute and 41 seconds sorry, i just quickly read it over.

Are you guys blind or what? how is it fair that people cannot use the full instructions their CPU has because others do not have it?
Dude, most all of HAVE the instruction, it has NOTHING to do with that. THEY DON'T HAVE AN ANTI-CHEAT VERSION OF IT!

If you are so insecure that you cannot give up a couple seconds of your score, then don't participate. I could care less. But posting a score using a version that you know is not comparable to others is just crap. Go ***** somewhere else about :rolleyes:

Uh oh, i feel a closing thread.

anyways heres my up to date score. somewhere around 34.87 or something why dont you just look for yourself. :(

5 minutes go by

geez this thing is so big

^^Better?>

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
nah i let it go, but without the pattch to utilize my SSE3 instructions i lose 4 seconds which is crap but wutever
I know, it sucks, if you look back on page 10 I posted one with the patch as well (just messing around), 29s, and that was with all normal processes running.

Trust me, I would like to see them mod the SSE3 version as well, but until then we're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom