***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
Yea but why would my 32m time be so bad when my 1m time is a pretty good 34secs? Before I overclocked, the 1m time was 41 secs, and the 32m time was 45m...

is your ram running at the same speed as your CPU? Ram plays a big factor in super pi. Because i know even only at 3.4ghz on ym cpu, i get 29 minutes and i sure once i do it at full speed i will get around 27-28 minutes, so i don't see why yours is so much higher.

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
i going to give you people a little lesson since you haven't figured this out yet, its not a prescot, patch its a patch that uses the SSE3 instructions, just like with the newer AMD's, they have SSE3 also and the patch uses their SSE3 potential. If your hating on people for using the full potential of their processors, then this is a sad thread anyways lol. How is it an accurate readin of how fast the CPU's actually are if your taking away their full potential? Should not be my probelm that some processors dont come with SSE3 instructions. Should i just disable some of my processors potential to make you feel better?
Yeah, I know the patch man. But you miss the point. A benchmark only needs to be comparable, and you using that version makes it not comparable to others scores. If they made an anit-cheat version of the SSE3, patch then great, we could all use it, but they don't. So for the purposes of a meaningfull benchmark, everyone should be using the Mod 1.4 version.

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
is your ram running at the same speed as your CPU? Ram plays a big factor in super pi. Because i know even only at 3.4ghz on ym cpu, i get 29 minutes and i sure once i do it at full speed i will get around 27-28 minutes, so i don't see why yours is so much higher.

If you looked at my SuperPi 1m screenshot, you'd see that my memory is running at 208 Mhz 2.5-3-3-8 timings. The point isn't the bad score, its that my 1M score is better than most while the 32m score is worse than most.

PZEROFGH said:
is 36 seconds good on the 1MB thingy?

Yea, its pretty good, but you should have gotten a lower time than me. We have the same CPU, but yours is running .1Ghz faster and your memory is much faster with slightly better timings. IMO, you should've gotten in the very low 30s.

idiotec said:
Yeah, I know the patch man. But you miss the point. A benchmark only needs to be comparable, and you using that version makes it not comparable to others scores. If they made an anit-cheat version of the SSE3, patch then great, we could all use it, but they don't. So for the purposes of a meaningfull benchmark, everyone should be using the Mod 1.4 version.
So then have everyone get the ORIGINAL version of super pi, put in the patch and run it, then it supports all processors, i don't see why i should have to slow down my score because you guys don't think its fair that i want to use my processors full potential. Many AMD's would benefit from that patch also because it uses their SSE3 instructions also, thats why i don't see why its called a prescott patch when it works for AMD's also.

would it be better for a cpu like at 2.6 with a memory divider, or a cpu at like 2.3 with a full 1:1 ratio?

Flanker said:
If you looked at my SuperPi 1m screenshot, you'd see that my memory is running at 208 Mhz 2.5-3-3-8 timings. The point isn't the bad score, its that my 1M score is better than most while the 32m score is worse than most.

Yea, its pretty good, but you should have gotten a lower time than me. We have the same CPU, but yours is running .1Ghz faster and your memory is much faster with slightly better timings. IMO, you should've gotten in the very low 30s.

Even still, who the hells cuts off over a minute on their Super Pi 1M from overclocking? something in your system is not runnin right, you should not gain that much just from overclocking. I can see cutting off a minute or two on the 32M but a 1M run should NOT be cut in half from overclocking, and its not even some extreme overclock so that makes no sense..

PZEROFGH said:
would it be better for a cpu like at 2.6 with a memory divider, or a cpu at like 2.3 with a full 1:1 ratio?

Having the ram run the same as the cpu bus or faster is usually better for gaming. but its hard to say, i would think 2.3Ghz 1:1 is better since 2.6 is much faster of a cpu speed when your lacking ram speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom