Power Supply Bad? Did get kill Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieman

Beta member
here lately my power supply fan has been making a lot of noise. I actually took it out and appart the other day and blew all the dust out of and put it back in my computer. It seemed to work fine and I no longer had to smack it to make it quit whinning. Well about a week later I woke up and the computer wouldnt wake up from sleep mode. I finally had to power down and attempted a reboot, but nothing happened. The computer went to the blue HP screen and then a black screen with a cursor flashing. Thats all I've been able to get ever since. Actually sometimes it doenst even go to the blue HP screen and just straight to the black screen with a curser. I noticed also that the fan on the power supply no longer runs at all. It seems that the power supply is bad. Do you think if i replace the power supply it will fix the problem? Could the power supply malfunction messed up my mother board? The current power supply is a 200w which amazed me. I actualy did attempt to use a old 150w power supply to only run my HD and grapics card for a lower power boot, but I had the same outcome. Someone please help. Thanks.

The powersupply could just not have enough life to boot the o/s from the drive or it could of taken the hard drive with it when it failed. Start off with a new PSU and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom