system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hi ..
i was wondering if anyone can help me with these issues that i am having with my computer:
1)after instaling flash(the software) everytime i start my computer the instalation wizard for flash starts.
2)with msm i keep diabiling it from start up but when i start my computer it just starts-how can i stop it or even uninstal it becouse when i try to close it i get a massege that its being used by onther program.
3)my firefox keeps crashing.
any help would be great...thanks

first, what program (specifically) did you install and from where?
Sounds more like a worm than the real flash... www.macromedia.com is the site to get it from.
Second, open regedit, navigate to :
HKey_Local_Machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run
Look there to see if you see anything strange. Also look in Runounce. Then Look in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services for anything that might be linked. You can also check startup from the start menu for possible connections.

Tell us if you find something you can't get rid of...

its flash pro 8...and iv benn trying to fix the problem but no luck everytime i restart my computer its just starts...
i looked where you told me but i couldnt find anything wierd unless i missed what i am supposed to be looking for...if you can help me with little more detail that would be great.
thanks

will thanks anyway i was able to fix the flash problem and uninstall msn...
for flash i ran the registry mechanic tool and i think that did it becouse i restarted my computer and everything was fine..
for msn i found this..if you go to run and type:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
it should remove msn..i just thought i share..
but thank you anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom