IÂ’ve been deceived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer salesmen?

Easiest way to tell if they've restored an image would be to check your system restore...if it's disabled it's definetely a clone since Windows defaults it on, and if the date goes back further than when you brought your computer in, it obviously wasn't formatted

I think you should stop taking your computer that. Most repair work can be done by a poor college student (like me!). Look for us on www.craigslist.org . The SF Bay Area has the most activity, but craigslist is now also all over the world. Go post under Gigs/Computer, and you should get a whole pile of techs offering their services. Though as for upgrading a laptop's wireless... *shrug* I sure as hell can't do it, but I know you'll find someone who can if you ask for it.

Plus independant techs are usually cheaper.

-CC

I have a solution for ya... reformat alone next time, lol.

I Support the self-computer fixing, or self-hiring me to fix you'r computer :p lol, im joking..

but seriously reformatting takes 30mins + 15 to reinstall drivers and programs...

salesmans are 90% but most frankly you can't overcome them all... they will work how they find it to be right, if they find ghost images to be the right way to fix you'r computer then thats what they'll do no matter what you do or say...

Another thing, ghosting IS less stable at times than full/quick format + complete reinstall of windows, but its not that much worse.. i've used that for many times before.... although on my main computer I only use full reformat... but thats just because I hate to leave loopholes lol...

Story update:

(I wasn't gonna bring this back from the shelves, but someone else did for me. ^-^ so I might as well continue this thread)
quick update:

:right: I took the laptop into them and asked them to format it and re-install windows.

:right: sadly the guy that made me cry was not there.

:right: I got it back and I am pretty sure they did a re-install, but I was not positive.

:right: I couldn't get the wireless working

:right: I got really upset

:right: My friend asked if she could borrow it to go to school at a university on the other side of the state.

:right: If I had to even look at it for another second I was going to take it and throw it through the computer places window.

:right: so, I lent it to her.

:right: just a few weeks ago she got back and had no problems with it. (and she didn't need the wireless networking anyways.)

:right: so I have it back and im going to take it to them again and tell them to format it, and re-install it again. AND get the wireless working.

so i'll let you know in about a week how all that goes down.

To Be Concluded. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom