what the hell, dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea right, its probably jammed full of keyloggers. im not connected to the internet though, so i dont really have to worry.

the strange thing is, it does not show up in disk management, only in partition magics. partition magic will not let me browse the partition anyway, so i cant see what is inside. i could try assigning a drive letter to it, and looking.

also i have found on a google search somewhere that says it is a disk image, but i cannot open that site to have a better look.

Ask Dell. Ask them if you can delete it. I'm pretty sure they'll tell you that if you do, it will void your warranty.

after looking through the dell user forums, it seems to contain info about factory restore stuff. nobody said anything about voiding warranties though.

Post asking specifically if it will void your warranty, don't just say "Oh its not right there, so it doesn't exist."

If you did already, and they told you it won't void the warranty, then go ahead and do whatever you want to it.

it contains a ghost image of your HDD. Keep it, remove it.... depends if you have everything on disk or not.

I dont think dell could LEGALY void your waranty just because you deleted a partition off the HD, and at most the only thing they could refuse to waranty is the HD. They cant void the waranty on your whole computer just because you delete a partition on the HD. Unless it is stated in a paper that you sign for the waranty that says 'We will void your entire waranty if you delete this partition' or whatever then they cant legaly do it. And a waranty has nothing to do with a partition on a HD anyway, a waranty covers things like hardware defects or defects in craftsmanship, not partitions... When you **** up a partition you call tech support not the waranty claims department.

Its like saying dell will void your waranty because you wore a red shirt to work last wednesday, it has nothing to do with anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom