Bottleneck - P4 3.2 and Geforce 7800 GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are way better off spending your money this way, period. you even seem to have $ left over to able to customize this rig a little better if you want. good luck...

JB-Barton said:
I did shop around and build my own before looking at that Dell. I'll post what I jotted down in a minute.

Logisys Dracula Blue/Chrome case

480w PSU - Can't read my writing on the brand name, needs to be changed though. O, the alt. PSU was a 500w Aspire

AMD 64 3800

GF 7800 GTX

1 Gig Corsair XMS pc 3200 Twin XXL Latency

Foxcon NF4UK8AA Mobo

Likon 19'' flat panel monitor

Seagate 160 HD

Windows XP

dont forget speakers, mouse, and keyboard. Also, your artic paste. I would get a 520 w PSU for the 7800 gtx, and I would also get a 24 in LCD moniter, it should come out to be like 2000 or something.

I think the total was around $1500 or something.

I also agree, dont get the dell. But.. The Dell is 2,600 dollars and they call that HALF OFF? When something is still a huge rip off at half price, you know its overpriced.

And from my experience, it will be bottlenecked just because its a dell... I had an old dell with decent components alltogether, that should of played many older games fine, but it would only play them at lowest settings. It had a P4 1.4 with 512MB of RAM and I later upgraded the vid card to a FX5200 256mb and in its time it strugled to play games that it should of played fine, like Medal of Honor for one. I think part of it was that it had crappy PC100 or 133 RDRAM instead of DDR ram which I think was a major bottleneck in the system. But it still just seemed very slow for what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom