what kind of case for p2 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi all i just got a pentium 2 motherboard and a load of other bits what kind of case will a pentium 2 motherboard fit in thanks mlr

That all depends. Is it ATX, BabyATX, what? Of course, if you knew that, you'd know the answer to your question.

Here's my first question since you probably don't know the difference between ATX and MicroATX and whatnot. Is there any kind of VGA expansion slot? How many PCI slots and other obsolete expansion slots are there AFTER the (probably AGP slot) video card expansion slot?

Ryan

is anybody thinking about the fact not all slot1 motherboards were ATX? it could be AT as slot1 was during the transitional period from AT to ATX. simplest way for you to tell is to look for the psu connector on the motherboard if its is 2 rows of 10 (20 pin) then you have an ATX. if it isn't then you have an AT. then try to figure out if its ATX or micro ATX.

ok i just ordered the motherboard from ebay for 10 pounds i do know my cases but never had a pentium specialy one so old,so i needed to know if its an atx case or as nitestick said an at ,does a p2 motherboard have the p8 and p9 blocks or is it just the normal atx style power conector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom