SOHC-5232K not reading disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber

Baseband Member
My Lite-On SOHC-5232K is not reading most disks I put in the drive. It reads the windows disk when I put it in then start up the computer, but when I put a new disk in it just doesnt read it. Please help.

nitestick said:
do you mean it brings you to the setup menu? or that it only registers the disc in windows if the disc is in when you start up. i know its a dumb question

My CD-RW combo drive is recognized and I can see the D drive in my computer, but when I put a disk in it doesnt see it. The disk is clean, the wires are hooked up properly...

Come on and respond! I really don't know this things problem.

Whenever I put a disk in I don't even hear it whirring! I whirs occasionally, and for some reason it only reads disks randomly!

Go to the Lite-on homepage and download the latest firmware for the drive and upgrade it. If that does not help, Call Lite-on to troubleshoot then RMA if necessary.

I think I have the CD Combo drive as master and my Hard drive as slave, is that right?

The CD rom combo drive and the hard drive share an IDE cable, I heard this has something to do with the master slave settings.
So, should the cd rom be master or slave?

master and slave on drives connected to the same cable does matter, but u can select "cable select" with the jumpers on each drive and usually fix the problem, the best way to fix this problem if theres no problem w/ ur drive is to put ur lite on drive on the secondary ide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom