***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't help me any. Then again, I shut down every program before I ran SuperPi so I'm not sure if it would help me anyway.

Meh the reason i say its complete shit is because a month ago i ran the program with more than that running and i got a slightly better score..... Guess ill close out everything when i get home after a restart and set it to real time..... Hope i get a little bit better of a score.

Flanker said:
Yea dude. Do a fresh boot, go into Task Manager and turn off all programs you can except explorer.exe.

And Nubius, what do you mean by Realtime?

And I posted the 40mins 32m score on OC Forums and XtremeSystems and got told it was pretty bad. I know they're crazy overclocking and vapochilling freaks, but i'm pretty sure it really is a bad score.

Its probably my memory =/

40 minutes with the rig in your sig is pretty bad, you should be getting under 30 minutes.

I test both my AMD and MMX (see sig for specs of MMX). I didn't close all programs on my MMX, though.

Results MMX: 10m 46s :D

Results AMD:
(lol, my 1.59GHz Palomino is almost as fast as aspire.comptech's Northwood 2.4GHz)

PI-TheMajorAMD.jpg

Everyone, please use THIS version.

Overclocked, you wouldn't happen to be using the Prescott patch would you? :amazed:

TheMajor said:
No, I see you used the mod version, I was referring to Overclocked and someone else that posted a bit back. Also, just a general tip going forward so everyone is using the same version.

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
40 minutes with the rig in your sig is pretty bad, you should be getting under 30 minutes.

Yea but why would my 32m time be so bad when my 1m time is a pretty good 34secs? Before I overclocked, the 1m time was 41 secs, and the 32m time was 45m...

idiotec said:
Everyone, please use THIS version.

Overclocked, you wouldn't happen to be using the Prescott patch would you? :amazed:

i going to give you people a little lesson since you haven't figured this out yet, its not a prescot, patch its a patch that uses the SSE3 instructions, just like with the newer AMD's, they have SSE3 also and the patch uses their SSE3 potential. If your hating on people for using the full potential of their processors, then this is a sad thread anyways lol. How is it an accurate readin of how fast the CPU's actually are if your taking away their full potential? Should not be my probelm that some processors dont come with SSE3 instructions. Should i just disable some of my processors potential to make you feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom